Open Data Science
Collect, process, re-fine, analyze and publish data coming from networks, the web or spatial sources.
I use an open source stack and mostly work with open data. My domain expertise is mainly based in geography, computational social science, systems science and network science.
- Python: Jupyter Notebook, Pandas, networkX
- Spatial: postgreSQL + postGIS + pgRouting, qgis
- Open: copyright, file formats, open notebook science, open educational resources, open access, git + github
- Datasets: OpenStreetMap, Wikipedia, EUPMC
- Methods: Network Analysis, Spatial Analysis, Cartography, Text Analysis, Data Processing
- Datasets: Landsat, Twitter, Wikidata
- Methods: Agent-based modeling, Machine Learning, Text Data Mining, Game Theory, Remote Sensing, System Dynamics, Actor Network Theory, Data Visualization, Scientific Writing
- FutureTDM: Working out text data mining tutorials about zika virus, systematic literature review and statistics.
- VU Angewandte GIS Grundlagen: Catchment-area analysis with public transport data from OpenStreetMap.
- armScraper, aidScraper and lobbyScraper for the project Gute Taten.
- SE Networks: Bi-partite networks with Python.
Design and conduct trainings, workshops around topics like Open Science, Big Data, Open Data, Data Science, OpenStreetMap, Network Analysis and Text Data Mining.
Training manager at ContentMine and part of the EU Horizon 2020 Project FutureTDM. Developing and conducting trainings for content mining.
Educate students and researchers on different aspects of open science.
- Big Data and Open Data Course @ FH Joanneum Graz
- Tag der Befreiung der verlorenen Seminararbeiten: Freeing up your thesis.
Development of the responsive wordpress-theme. Design by Design Solutions.
Open Data Portal Austria
Development of the wordpress-theme. Design by Susan Härtig.