Working now full-time at AUSSDA – Austrian Social Science Data Archive at the University of Vienna.
Developing data pipelines and open source software to better understand the world.
My methodological home is very diverse, spanning from geography over social sciences into computer science and systems science: Network analyses, text data mining, machine learning, spatial analysis and cartography.
- Building an open data API for austrian election results.
- Developing web-scrapers for a transparency project (armScraper, aidScraper and lobbyScraper).
- Working out text data mining tutorials about zika virus, systematic literature review and statistics.
- Catchment-area analysis with public transport data from OpenStreetMap.
Designing and conducting trainings, workshops and courses in the fields of data science, geography and open knowledge.
Helping others to learn how to learn and seeing the joy of learning in others faces drives my work.
I have done courses at universities, trained startups in tech and science related knowledge and taught children how to code – from 5 minutes to 5 days.
My educational concepts base upon a strong connection of theoretical knowledge, it’s practical application and the social space it is happening in. To support that on a long run, defined learning and teaching goals get regularly evaluated.
- Training Manager at Content Mine. Designing the training concept, working out online materials for the Horizon2020 FutureTDM project, conducting trainings about text data mining (Virginia Tech Open Data Week) and leading the fellowship program.
- Deep Learning Workshop. Showing the science, application and tech behind neural networks to tech-companies.
- Data Analytics Course at University of Applied Sciences Joanneum Graz. Introducing journalism students to data analysis around elections.
- Day of freeing up your lost Seminar Thesis Workshop at University Vienna. Teaching students how to make their seminar thesis openly available on the web.
- Map your Hood Open Street Map Mapping Party: Showing citizens how to map their neighborhood in OpenStreetMap.
Developing responsive web-apps and websites.
From your first small blog to your full company website with webshop and API – I develop full responsive web application with a modern open-tech-stack for your custom needs.
Together with my partners in design and communication I have helped research groups, NGO’s, SME’s, Start-Up’s and entrepeneurs to put their services and portfolio on the web.
- Seril Farben: Development of the responsive wordpress theme. Design by Design Solutions.
- Phonico: Development of the wordpress theme. Design by Design Solutions.
- Klimakultur: Development of the wordpress theme. Design by Daniela Waser.
- Open Data Portal Austria: Development of the wordpress theme. Design by Susan Härtig
- Offene Wahlen Österreich: Development and design of the github page and it’s graphics.